Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cupcakes Galore

I'm ready. I've been baking cupcakes for a while now, and am now ready to take it to the next level. Inspiration: the Food Network's Barefoot Contessa meets the lovely Martha Stewart. Hey, why not, right?

I would say I started baking cupcakes because they are the easiest (mess-free) way to serve a group without having to deal with the whole 'cut and serve' process that comes with a traditional cake. My favorite cupcake (so far) is my coconut cupcake (see photo), and I love it so much I needed to see if I could make it better...which I did, when I decided to add pineapples to it --this idea turned out to be a huge hit -- and thus was born my first original creation: the pina colada cupcake.

My mantra when it comes to cupcakes is keep it simple, keep it pretty, and it keep it sweet! I am going to start playing with some new flavors now, as well as continue to refine the flavors I've made in the past -- chocolate ganache, carrot cake, vanilla, and of course coconut! I'm excited to explore new ideas for inspiration, from my newest cook book 'Martha Stewart's Cupcakes'. I just got this for my birthday from my oh-so-thoughtful husband.

I hope you enjoy sharing this journey with me, as well as an actual cupcake here and there from my many future batches. I look forward to expanding my collection under Sweet Creations - my new sweets venture.

2 comments:

  1. Those look great! I did not know you baked cupcakes... I have been on a cupcake baking kick too; ever since we had them at our wedding last year. I too have come up with my own unique flavors. I have actually been looking into starting a cupcake company. We should get together and share ideas...it would be fun! TTYL =)

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete